March 14, 2016

SSRS: The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '162'. The expected version is '147'.

My laptop has 2 SQL Server instances namely SQLServer2008R2 and SQLServer2012. Today I messed up 2008 R2 reporting services when I was trying to configure 2008 R2 Reporting Services using SQLServer2012 Reporting Services Configuration Manager because for some reason 2008R2 Reporting Services Configuration Manager was denying to connect with the 2008R2 reporting server.

When I was trying to open report server through browser it was throwing an error "The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '162'. The expected version is '147'.". It made me really frustrated. On ReportServer DB, I found a table named [ReportServer].dbo.[ServerUpgradeHistory]. It contains information about the Server Upgrade. I updated 162 to 147 and it worked well.



UPDATE tbl
SET tbl.ServerVersion = '162'
FROM [ReportServer].dbo.[ServerUpgradeHistory] tbl
WHERE UpgradeID = 3

No comments: